Late

I always wonder why I tend to write about things that happen weeks ago instead of writing them the moment they happen. Well, whatever. First up would be from when we went to Tagaytay last, last week. Usually, the on-the-way part would be the most enjoyable segment of the trip but I sadly wasted the car-ride moments by reading the novel 'Memoirs of a Geisha'. Why the hell did I read that instead of talking to them? Well, first of all, I couldn't really relate to the stuff they were talking about but I guess I had fun by just listening to them. Sad, isn't it? Maybe I would've been able to strike up a conversation if I sat next to them. Yeah, in the van, there were three rows. Each row had different topics that they were talking about. I, sadly, was seated in the first row, next to the driver. Yes, so it's either talk to the driver, or read the novel I brought along. Of course, I read the novel since I'm not that much of a conversationalist. Plus, what in the world could a driver and a student of my age talk about?

I wouldn't write about when we actually got to Tagaytay though. There really isn't much for me to write about, since I didn't take part in 1/3 of the activities that were planned. So, next up would be V-day. Why do I call it V-day? It's because I don't know whether it's Valentines, Valentine's, or Valentines' Day. Yes, that's another sad thing.

Anyway, a few of my friends were planning to go out, watch a movie, and eat dinner together. But wait, there has to be some sort of catch, right? Sadly, there was. There were supposed to be three couples in that outing, including two single people and that already includes me. The other single person backed out because of 'lack of money' as she put it. I knew I would get stuck with those couples. I wanted to back out as well but they kept persuading me to go. Then, two more didn't go. They had their reasons. So that left us with one (!) couple, two people with partners who didn't go, and me, who had no partner to begin with. Well, that night went out fine for me, I guess. It was fun, regardless of all those partners. I'm happy 'cause I got to watch the movie I wanted to see (it sucked beyond reason though), and I ate in the restaurant I wanted to eat in (Yeah, that succeeded after successfully, yet shamefully, evacuating the other restaurant/cafe which had an overpriced menu. Hey, don't call me cheap. The cheapest thing on their menu was worth 60 pesos and that's bottled water!)

0 comments: