Christmas + New Year

I wonder how these two holidays were for the others? There were some unfortunate ones - the kid who lost his sight because of fireworks, the poor people who don't get to spend even Christmas lavishly, and maybe even the workers who were given extra piles of work to do. I think my New Year and Christmas celebrations this year were just fine. They were nothing special and definitely not boring. I think the right word would be 'typical'. Sure, I got to eat more amounts of food than usual and sure, I got to spend more time with my father, but I couldn't help but to expect something extravagant. You know the feeling of expecting something yet you know that it's not really going to happen? Yeah, that's it.

Before these holidays came, I came to two of my friends' birthday celebrations. We bowled and swam in different places but in two days in a row. The crowd I was with was very similar, with the exception of a few who couldn't come on such short notice, I guess. When we bowled, I was the one with the least points. Yeah, I rock so much. When we swam, I was the one who kept staying out of the deep areas because of my lack of "treading" abilities. Yeah, that was great. Well, I guess the goal was to celebrate their birth and I guess we achieved that - plus I got to eat good food. You can never go wrong with good food.

What worries me though is how time flies by so fast. Just one more year and I would bid my friends and most of my family good-bye as I fly to the United States to study there and stay with my mom. Of course I would miss my friends and family members. Who wouldn't? I guess we should concentrate on enjoying the present instead of worrying the past, eh? I remember something that my grandmother told me during Christmas...

"We prepared for Christmas for so many days! I mean, we set up our lights, we prepare special food, and we buy presents yet Christmas is only one day. All the preparations would be gone after the celebration, could you imagine?"

0 comments: